All staff members are required to access the building through the downstairs entrance. The doors will be unlocked from 7:00 am - 8:00 am
The desk will be manned for screening from 7:00-8:00 by Building Security. Any staff arrivals before that time will need to conduct their own health screening
Health Screening Process
- Put on gloves prior to signing in and taking temperature
- Take temperature with the “no touch” thermometer
- Put completed attestation form and/or release form in the basket
- Use a “clean pen” from the marked cup to sign in and put the “used pen” in the marked cup after
- Throw soiled gloves in garbage can
- If there are not any gloves available, please sign in and disinfect the “used” pen and put in the “clean” cup after
Personal Protective Equipment: All staff will be issued PPE appropriate to their contact with students. If you have specific needs, concerns, or supplies are getting low, please contact Covid Site Coordinator.
PPE may include:
- Cloth masks
- Disposable paper masks
- Adult clear mouth masks (for SLP/language needs)
- KN95 masks
- Face Shields
- Non-latex gloves
- Disposable gowns
Building Safety Protocols:
ALL staff are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth at all times unless working alone in room with a closed door.
- Staff will be provided appropriate PPE based on their job duties, work environment.
- Strive to maintain a 6-foot distance from others at all times.
- Wash your hands frequently and keep your hands away from your face
- “Maximum Occupancy" Signs have been placed throughout the building and need to be adhered to.
- Health and Safety Reminder Signs are placed throughout
- All students will use the lower doors for entering the building to complete their health screening.
- All students will be screened prior to entering building in the downstairs double entry doors.
- Students will turn in a completed attestation form and have their temperature taken.
- All completed attestation forms will be turned into the Health Tech, Kristi Harkson and kept on file for 28 days.
- If a student’s temperature check registers 100.4 degrees or higher, the student will be escorted to isolation room and will remain until parent/guardian has picked up.
Student Specific Safety Protocols:
- Students are to remain in their classroom/pods/cohorts and not intermingle with others as much as possible.
- All students age 5 years and older, must wear cloth face coverings (or other acceptable alternatives) in K-12 settings.
- Students must keep a safe distance of 6 feet away from others. Floors have been marked to help in areas of potential congestion.
- Direction of foot traffic will be indicated - whenever possible one-way traffic will be used.
- Protocol for health room and when a child becomes sick:
- Health tech/front office will take temp of student before entering health room.
- If a student has a fever of 100.4 or higher, or other symptoms listed on attestation forms, student will be placed in the “isolation room” and observed until parent pick up. Additional spaces will be used as needed.
At the end of the day students will be dismissed from their classroom as their bus/car arrives. Students will remain in their rooms until notified to leave.
Students are to use only the downstairs restrooms. Students are to remain in their classroom/pods/cohorts and not intermingle with others as much as possible so bathroom use will be restricted when possible to minimize cross traffic.
Students will be instructed to use the restroom one at a time.
Staff will assist students in making sure their eating area is clean for lunch.
Visitor Screening: Main entrance will remain open for district staff and limited visitors.
- The building is closed to all non-district staff, except for those meetings that cannot be done remotely. There are no walk ups.
- All non-district visitors must make an appointment by calling 253.530.1700. They must wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- The staff member they are meeting with will meet visitor(s) at the front door, help them sign in, get screened and escort them to an appropriate meeting space using social distancing.
- All visitors should sign in on the visitor's log in the main entrance lobby. Visitors must complete the health attestation form AND Covid-19 Disclosure and Release form prior to accessing the building. Staff will be responsible for escorting their appointment to appropriate meeting space.
- If a visitor answers YES to any of the questions or temperature check registers 100.4 degrees or higher, follow the district guidelines indicated on page 2 of the District COVID Safety Protocols document.
- Deliveries will be placed just inside the front doors/vestibule area of the building
Custodians will be cleaning restrooms and common areas routinely several times throughout the day. Cleaning schedules will be posted.
Custodians will clean and disinfect each classroom nightly, with emphasis on "high touch" areas. The custodian will initial and record the time that each cleaning was completed and will be posted near the classroom door.
Employees are responsible for cleaning/sanitizing their personal workspaces daily. Each classroom will be outfitted with a "safety kit", with a labeled spray bottle of soap and water, paper towels, and sanitizer, for daily cleaning of their workspace. Gloves are not necessary to wear when cleaning work space but staff may request a box (S,M,L, or XL) from Site Coordinator. Do not throw away hand sanitizer bottles. If they are empty, custodial staff will refill them for you.
Workroom, common rooms: Cleaning supplies- wipes, soap/water spray bottles, and papers towels - will be available in each common area. It is the responsibility of each person using the space to clean the materials they handled. Staff are encouraged to use stylus they were given to minimize contact with shared screens.
DO NOT bring personal cleaning supplies beyond what has been approved for district use.